Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Phil Hartman: Redefined

To those of you who have already read the last installment I have to apologize for a mix up in dates. Blame it on faulty memory (and since my memory isn't that great, sloppy research). Phil didn't actually get into SNL until after he worked on the first season of Pee-wee's Playhouse so I've altered the end of the last post to reflect the correct order of events. It will also give me a chance to talk a little about this series before moving on to timeframe surrounding Phil's move to New York and his marriage to Brynn.

I also finally made the time to plow through a gigantic box of old photos (thanks, Bob!) and other assorted memorabilia (including a hand-drawn Christmas card from Tim Burton) and they helped to fill in some of the blanks (which got me thinking about the dates). I found several photos of Phil. Some I'd forgotten about, and a couple of them were hard to look at, even after all this time.

I'll publish them bit by bit as the series finishes up.